Online Patient Profile
If you are seeking evaluations from surgeons across the country or around the world, it can be difficult and expensive to send your films and records.... especially to multiple doctors. Global Patient Network has worked with surgeons who cater to traveling patients to develop an online patient profile. This profile allows you to send a streamlined package with all your films and records with the click of a mouse. Your secure web profile contains all your records and films in a format that many doctors prefer. The doctors can download your films, or view them online.
You'll need to log in to view the sample profile.
Username = gpn
Password = sample
Click here to view the sample profile
Many surgical centers are offering discounted or waived film review fees for patients presenting with a GPN online profle.
- $150 - Basic online profile fee (includes up to 25 images.)
- Add $25 for more than 25 images.
- Add $50 for more than 40 images.
- Add $75 for more than 60 images.
- Add $100 for more than 80 images.
- $100 - for each surgeon GPN will present the profile to.
- Note: that this fee is essentially prepaying 2 hours of Mr. Mintzer's consulting.
- $20 - Your patient profile and films on a CD ROM.
- $10 - additional copies of online profile CD.
- $25 - Add films (up to 10 sheets) to an existing profile.
- $40 - 11 to 20 sheets
- $50 - 21 to 30 sheets
- Fees must be submitted with films.
To request a GPN patient profile,
If you would like help communicating
with the doctors, GPN will function as your patient advocate. Mark
frequently attends doctor appointments with patients and observes diagnostic
and other procedures (discography, injections, rhizotomy, etx...) We'll help
you 'decode' reports and messages from your doctors. If
you'd like us to help write emails and letters to your doctors, insurance
etc., we'll do whatever we can to help you to reach the most appropriate
treatment. Please read Melanie's, Anne's and other
patient stories for example's of our services..
Patient advocacy services are billed at $70/hour.
Patient Education and Consulting
With the network of spine patients that
Mr. Mintzer is involved with, he can draw on the experiences of
literally hundreds of patients, worldwide. In addition to having lived
through years of disability, 3 spine surgeries (including multi-level ADR
in Germany), Mr. Mintzer continues to study spine. He has attended
or participated in the following medical conferences and traing sessions:
- American Academy of Minimally Invasive Spine Medicine and Surgery
2002, Phoenix, AZ
- Spine Arthroplasty Society - SAS3
2003, Phoenix, AZ
- ProDisc Surgical Training
2003 (as an observer)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
2004, San Francisco, CA
- Spine Arthroplasty Society - SAS4
2004, Vienna, Austria
- Posteriorlateral Endoscopic Spine Surgery Preceptorship
2004, Phoenix, AZ
- North American Spine Society - 19th
2004, Chicago, IL
- ProDisc-C Surgical Training
2005 (as an observer)
- Spine Arthroplasty Society - SAS5
2005, New York, NY
- International Intradiscal Therapy Society
2005, San Diego, CA
- International Conference on Ethical Issues in Biomedical Engineering
2005, Rochester, NY
- North American Spine Society - 20th
2005, Philadelphia, PA
- Spine Arthroplasty Society - SAS6
2006, Montreal, Canada
- North Americn Spine Society - 21st
2006, Seattle, WA
Conference on Ethical Issues in Biomedical Engineering
2007, Brooklyn, NY
- Spine Arthroplasty Society - SAS7
2007, Berlin, Germany
- 9th US National Congress for
2007, San Francisco, CA
- North American Spine Society
- 22nd Annual Meeting
2007, Austin, TX
- DSS Surgical Training
2008 (as an observer)
- Spine Arthroplasty Society
2008, Miami, FL
- North American Spine Society
- 23rd Annual Meeting
2008, Toronto, Canada
Mr. Mintzer has observed
well over 170 spine procedures at more than 2 dozen centers in
Europe in the US.
Surgeries observed include:
- Lumbar Artificial Disc Replacement, SB Charite' III, including:
- Hybrid procedures with anterior / posterior fusion,
- Lumbar Artificial Disc Replacement, ProDisc, including:
- 1, 2 and 3-level procedures.
- Rare L1-2 procedures
- Split 2-level procedures and unique split 3-level procedure
with ProDisc at L1-2, L3-4, L5-S1
- Hybrid procedures including multiple technologies w/ADR.
See Ken's Story for 4-level reconstruction.
- Lumbar Artificial Disc Replacement, Mobidisc
- Lumbar Artificial Disc Replacement, Activ-L
- Keeled version and non-keeled version
- Lumbar Artificial Disc Replacement, Kineflex
- Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement, ProDisc-C
- Many 2 and 3 level procedures
- 4-level cervical ADR
- 6-level cervical: fusion C1-4 and ProDisc-C C4-7
see Brady Leighton's story
- Cervical ADR,
- Cervical ADR, Mobi-C
- ADR revisions
- Explant subsided prosthesis. Implant
larger size (L3-4)
- Insert Charite' at L5-S1 after L
- Revise L4-S1 Charite' to L4-S1
- Implantation of posterior dynamic stabilization system
(DSS) behind tilted Charite'
- Revision of fusion to ADR
- Remove fusion hardware REVISED FUSED SEGMENT to ProDisc-C
- Cervical revision surgeries (many) removing fusion hardware and adding ProDisc-C above, below and multi-levels above and below resulting in up to 4-level constructs
- Cervical Discectomy
- Cervical Endoscopic Discectomy
- Selective Endoscopic Discectomy (SED) with
Thermal Annuloplasty (lumbar)
- Lumbar Endoscopic Discectomy with IDET
- Lumbar Microscopic Dorsal Decompression
- Posterior stabilization (lumbar) with Spine Motion Coflex (formerly called Fixano-U) and dorsal decompression
- Posterior stabilization (lumbar) with Paradigm Spine's
- Lumbar Fusion hardware removal L3-S1 (H-cage)
- Fusion (lumbar and cervical) with
various types of cages, plates, cadaver bone, etc. Also with:
- Bone morphogenic protein (BMP)
bone impregnated with Stem
- Axial Lumbar Interbody Fusion system (AXIALIF
360 Global fusion with facet screw fixation in 60 minutes, skin to skin
- Posterior decompression with ligamentoplasty
- Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS) - Thoracic Fusion
- Spinal reconstuction revising terrible configuration of fusion belowa
T1-L5 construct accomplished in 6 prior surgeries. Wedge osteotomy with
reconstruction of 3-lumbar levels. 10 hours!
- Scoliosis reconstruction, 60 degree curve reduced with
"I've developed very strong relationships with some of the top spine surgeons in the world. If
I can't answer your question, I can usually get the answer within a few
Patient consulting services are billed at $70/hour
The community of GPN clients
is truly 'Global'. In additions to clients from nearly every US state,
we have assisted spine patients from:
- New Zealand